Aquatic Plants and Invasive Species
Note: customize this text to your lake.
Among the important goals of the Lake Management Plan are protecting the native plants in and around the lake while working to control or eliminate the spread of invasive species, particularly Eurasian water-milfoil (EWM). Resources that can assist in meeting these goals include:
- Midwest Aquatic Plant Management Society Plant Reference Chart – native plants noted in green, invasive plants in red
- Eurasian water-milfoil facts
- Eurasian water-milfoil (invasive) and Northern water-milfoil (native plant) identification
- YouTube video on hand-removing Eurasian water-milfoil
- Stop Aquatic Hitchhikers brochure